CAR CARE & VALETING PRODUCTS
HEAD OF BUSINESS UNIT
Scotland / South East£25 - 30K + BENEFITS
|Job Title||Head of Business Unit|
|Hours of Work||min 37.5 hrs per week|
|Supervises / Manages||2 x Commercial Managers (1 x Vehicle Manufacturers and 1 x Dealer Groups)3 x Regional Managers8 x Business Managers who report to the Regional Managers|
Main Objective of the Role
- To lead the Commercial team in the UK in order to maximise sales, profitability and growth
- To contribute to the development of the product, price, place and promotional strategies of the Business Unit and implement them effectively
- To manage and develop further opportunities with the multiple dealer groups
- To agree, monitor and achieve sales and overhead budgets for the Business Unit
Key Responsibility Areas
- Profitability – Responsible for delivering the sales & marketing strategic plans for the business including project co-ordination, cross-functional liaison and after sales service
- Branding – Responsible for ensuring the brand communications and product offerings are consistently in line with the brand guidelines
- Brand Availability – Responsible for ensuring the products are available to the market through effective forecasting
- Customer responsibility
- Develop the Multiple Dealer group customer base in the UK (existing and prospect) using Key Account Management philosophy through the Commercial Manager for Dealer Groups
- Ensure the sales team are targeted and equipped to develop business through local dealerships (existing and prospect)
- Ensure the Commercial Manager for Vehicle Manufacturers is targeted and equipped to develop head office and regional business and relationships
- Service – Ensure first class customer service: fast response times, accurate and appropriate information, consistent approach, timely customer reports
- Market – Understand channel structure, customer requirements, competitor products, sales and marketing strategies, strengths and weaknesses, within the channel for the company’s competitors and provide the appropriate feedback to the relevant internal function
- Marketing – work with the marketing team to develop, communicate and implement customer marketing activity
- Salesforce Management – Provide leadership, coaching and support to the Sales team ensuring salesforce effectiveness is optimised
- Reporting – Prepare and analyse channel and financial reports for the business unit and improve performance based on findings
- Financial – Responsible for ensuring that annual budgeted costs for the Business Unit are not exceeded and value is delivered with all spend
- Process – Develop ‘best practice’ techniques and lead by example in terms of ‘product approvals’ and ‘account gains’
- Standards – Ensure compliance with company procedures, policies, trading laws, Health and Safety standards and ISO 9000 and ISO 14000
- Profile – Raise awareness, build internal image and achieve buy in of the Business Units activities with all other internal departments
- Leadership – Be a senior member of the Commercial team and contribute to the development of all other business units
Limits of Authority
- Purchases within agreed limits
- May not dispose of any company assets outside of normal procedures
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to change as the role develops in line with the needs of the Company
- The role requires domestic travel and overnight stays away from home
PERSON SPECIFICATION, COMPETENCIES & ATTITUDES
Role: Head of Business Unit
|Essential(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)||Desirable/Advantageous|
|Education & Qualifications||
|Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills||
- Excellent communication and relationship skills at all levels.
- In depth technical knowledge of the Automotive Aftermarket in particular Car Care & Valeting products.
- The required skill set to train and instill confidence and enthusiasm in others.
- Extensive experience either selling or demonstrating an Automotive product, a background in a training environment would be beneficial.
- A high level of integrity with a professional demeanor and outward appearance.
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal presentations.
If you would like to be considered for this role please forward a copy of your up to date CV and a covering letter regarding your suitability for this role to:
Please note - If you have not been invited for interview within 14 working days after submitting your details, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applicants must hold a UK working visa.