Airport Ground Support Equipment
EMEA Regional Account Manager
South East UK or Europe (Commutable to London Heathrow)£40,000 - £45,000
Position Title: Regional Airport Account Manager
Reports To: Regional Director
Work Location: Ideally commute distance from Heathrow
To lead the sales and strategic regional airport development efforts in the Region of EMEA + RU
What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position? (i.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.)
• Must be degree qualified ideally in an engineering discipline.
• A proven and successful track record in Capital Equipment sales management gained with a firm in the transport or Aviation product or services sector. This will include experience of building, developing and managing customer relationships at the highest levels, of creating and implementing strategic plans, of leading major bids and of managing local budgets.
• Commercially focused, creative, confident, self-driven and inventive, able to originate complex commercial solutions, yet patient and tenacious as required.
• Able to drive change management within the customer base.
• Experience with using Miller & Heimann strategic sales techniques and Karrass effective negotiating techniques or similar would be beneficial.
• Excellent communications skills – the ability to listen and to communicate complex commercial solutions confidently yet sensitively with customers, colleagues and upper management members with equal skill.
• Outstanding people-management, organisational, collaborative, inspirational, analytical, influencing and motivational skills.
• High levels of personal initiative, motivation, credibility and integrity, able to secure buy-in from others to new ideas and concepts.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft office applications.
• Must have experience of networking either by phone or social networks to prioritize numerous customers at numerous airports in a territory of over 80 countries.
• Must be willing to travel extensively as required by customers.
• Must have experience of sales funnel techniques to allow focused time management on customers who are ready to buy.
• Can open doors in bigger accounts or airports where the contacts can be handed over to the Strategic account management team.
• To have a good rapport with customers, be the first one they call when they need help.
What additional training will an employee require to continue to perform the duties of the position?
Company product & familiarization training will be provided by the Regional team.
• Creating relationships and opportunities with large prospective customers by introducing to them to the services and products that the company can offer.
• To conduct negotiations at a senior level, designing and submitting bids as appropriate, in order to win business.
• Providing leadership and direction to the service personnel in the region allowing them to meet their targets for service sales while maintaining strong technical support during and after the warranty period.
• To establish, maintain and improve relationships with key stakeholders elsewhere within the company (particularly with engineering, finance, legal, marketing and warranty departments) To work collaboratively with these stakeholders on joint initiatives where appropriate to secure orders in line with the company’s best practice.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
Budget sales of £5m per year for products ranging from £70k each to £450k each
Degree of supervision / guidance, procedures / processes used, judgement, creativity, planning & resourcefulness needed to do the job:
Minimal supervision, self starter, proactive, focused and committed, show attention to detail. Ability to manage own tasks and support other members of the department and management of team where required. Ability to work under pressure and meet expected tight deadlines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General working conditions – varying noise levels, temperatures, around heavy machinery.
The appointee may be home office based but preferably Heathrow office based. Frequent travel will be required.
Amount & frequency of physical requirements of the position (i.e. lifting, pushing, climbing)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop and implement strategic plans that will support the company’s existing client base and will enable the growth and profitability of the business in the regional airports of 10m passengers or less category throughout EMEA + RU
- To identify strategic initiatives, new markets / customers, potential new product or service offerings.
- Managing, growing and improving relationships within the regional airports, by so doing, maintaining, developing and protecting those accounts.
- To gain a detailed understanding of the customers’ requirements and operations and to develop strong working relationships with other key personnel within the customers in order to ensure efficiency and productivity and that the company is positioned as the supplier of choice.
- To work with the service delivery team to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and that service levels expected by the customer are delivered.
- To achieve or exceed the personal and commercial targets set by senior management against metrics related to leadership, revenue growth and margin achieved as well as targeted strategic Sales.
- To contribute professional sales forecasting, budgeting and general planning activities, as well as to develop and implement effective sales operations planning processes.
- To provide detailed and accurate figures relating to results and to provide forecasts to senior management as required.
- To build a detailed understanding of the company’s products, services and capabilities, as well as of the Ground Support Equipment sector in general.
- To develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s competitors and the activity of these competitors with company’s existing and prospective customers.
- To utilise the information and insight thus gained for competitive commercial advantage.
- To assist with tender preparation work.
- To develop sales tools and strategies strong enough to enable you to sell product at a premium price.
Experience selling on an International scale is essential as is a proven track record of selling into the Transport or Aviation sector.
Must be within commutable distance to London Heathrow either by car or plane.
Fluency in another language is desirable but not essential.
For more info contact me today on +44 (0) 7887 422206 or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org